The Australian Human Rights Commission has released the results of the 2008 Sexual Harassment National Telephone Survey.
Key findings include:
- Sexual harassment continues to be a problem in our workplaces, despite some improvement since 2003
- There is a lack of understanding about what sexual harassment is
- The large majority of sexual harassment goes unreported to employers and other bodies
- Sexual harassment includes a range of behaviours, both physical and non-physical
- Sexual harassment is a problem for all employers – small, medium and large