Arranging loans in Western Australia

The Finance Brokers Control Act (WA) regulates the arranging or negotiating of loans in that State. Persons who carry on that business in WA must be licensed by the Department of Consumer and Employment Protection (DOCEP), even if those loans are not regulated by the Consumer Credit Code.

Recent amendments permit non-WA residents to obtain a licence and permit the licensing of finance broker businesses whose owners (directors or partners) are not qualified provided a qualified person controls the finance broking operations.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Your Compliance Support Plan

We understand you need a cost-effective way to keep up to date with regulatory changes. Talk to us about our fixed price plans.