To coincide with AML stage 2 which starts on 12 December, Austrac has released its Typologies and Case Studies Report 2007 which identifies some key money-laundering methodologies and gives 51 case studies, highlighting:
- what crime or civil proceeding was involved
- the type of customer involved in perpetration of the offence
- the industry category through which transactional activity was conducted
- the specific method through which the offenders perpetrated transactional activity
- the location through which the transactional activity was facilitated
- the specific designated service
- the red flag activity contained within each case example.